Welcome to a BISS public panel discussion on data management and infrastructure with representatives from ESS, MAX IV, the Swedish Research Council, the UK Science & Technology Facilities Council and the Nordic e-Infrastructure Collaboration.
BISS - Big Science and Society is one of Lund University’s six thematic collaboration initiatives and works to identify and solve societal challenges in the establishment of large-scale international scientific activities, such as ESS and MAX IV in Lund.
Welcome to the Pufendorf Institute for Advanced Studies, 7 February 2018, 14:00–17:00, followed by reception. Registration is mandatory and seats are limited.
14:10 Pro vice-chancellor for research and research infrastructure at Lund University, Stacey Sörenson, sets the scene and formally opens the panel.
14:30 Panel discussion with:
- Björn Halleröd, Secretary General of the Council for Research Infrastructures, Swedish Research Council, and Professor in Sociology & Work Science, University of Gothenburg
- Thomas Holm Rod, Group Leader for Data Analysis and Modelling, Data Management & Software Centre, European Spallation Source
- Brian Matthews, Scientific Computing Department, UK Science & Technology Facilities Council
- Oxana Smirnova, NeIC-CERN Liaison in the Nordic e-Infrastructure Collaboration (NeIC) and Senior Lecturer in Particle Physics, Lund University.
- Darren Spruce, Head of Computing Services and Control Systems, MAX IV