CANCELLED: LU Case Day 2020: Scaffolding Active Learning by Digitalization
Welcome to the 7th LU Case Day. Lund University Case Academy (LUCA) invites engaged teachers, researchers, and students who all generously want to share experiences and reflections connected to the case pedagogy. The theme of the 2020 conference is "Active Learning and Digitalization".
The conference includes presentations from the participants, interactive sessions, demonstrations and group discussions. The goal of the conference is to inspire and share ideas on how elements of active learning and digitalisation can be used in your own teaching.
Digitalization is promoted as an important part of modern university education, and it can be used for distance learning as well as to enhance classroom active learning and assessment. Closely connected to active learning is the use of the learning spaces. The theme for April 16 is digitalization and active learning whereas April 17 will mainly be devoted to the physical learning spaces for active learning and the use of the case method.
If you have experiences that you are willing to share during the days, please inform us when you register for participation.
Possible themes for these short summaries could be:
- Opportunities and challenges with digitalization in relation to active learning
- The physical space as an enabler for active learning
- The changing role of the ‘active-learning teacher’ in various learning spaces including digitalisation
- Digitalization as a promotor of intrinsic motivation for engaging students’ learning
- The use of digitalization as a source of information to develop and improve teaching
- Challenges and advantages of digital assessment
- Other practical experiences of new, or different, approaches to case teaching and/or active learning (not necessarily digital!)
Conference venue and time:
16 April: 13:15-16:30. Health Science Center, Baravägen 3, Lund, room C333
17 April: 9:00-12:00. Health Science Center, Baravägen 3, Lund, room C315
Practicalities, and detailed agenda will be shared mid-March.
The organizing team:
Joakim Kembro (Genombrottet, LTH)
Ulf Ramberg, Ola Mattisson and Mats Urde (LUSEM)
Christina Gummesson and Gudrun Edgren (MedCUL, M)